Re: Countrychooser changes

Christian Perrier wrote:
> I modified countrychooser in CVS:
>
> The new version may be tested live on 5Mb ISO's I have put on
> http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/ (on with the current
> languagechooser, another one with languagechooser_ng).
>

> The new version now first shows the user the list of the countries for
> which a valid locale exists in /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED, depending on
> the language chosen in languagechooser.

Does the short list really get translated? I did not know that
cdebconf's support for translating choices lists would work if the set
of choices changed. But it seems like it does work, but items in it get
indented as they use the translations from the full list. IMHO that
looks ugly, perhaps we should lose the indentation and delimit
continents some other way in the full list. There are also problems with
the current use of non-breaking spaces to indent and serial consoles..

--
see shy jo