Re: install report: sid on i386, pure SCSI

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:51:08 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

>> Sorry, there is no little menu after hardware detection. I immediately
>> get the screen titled "[!!] Detecting hardware and loading kernel modules"
>> that says "Your installation CD-ROM couldn't be mounted.This probably...
>> ...Try again to mount the CD-ROM?" Selecting "Yes" just repeats this
>> screen, selecting "No" displays the next screen "Failed to find and
>> mount a Debian CD". The only choice "Continue" gets me back into the main
>> menu where I could select "Load installer components" which starts
>> HW detection again. The second time around, I get some more detailed
>> information: modules initio and 8139too are missing (if I understand
>> D-I correctly by now, priorty has been changed).
>
>Yes, and right after that you will get the little menu that I alluded
>to.

Sorry, no little menu, but the screen saying my CD could not be mounted.
This is the loop:

Main Menu (Load Installer components)
HW detection
"Unable to load some modules"
"Your installation CD could not be mounted"
"Failed to find and mount a Debian CD-ROM"
Main Menu (Detect and mount CD-ROM)

Or, exactly the same except for the starting point:

Main Menu (Detect and mount CD-ROM)
HW detection
"Unable to load some modules"
"Your installation CD could not be mounted"
"Failed to find and mount a Debian CD-ROM"
Main Menu (Detect and mount CD-ROM)

>I have no idea what you are describing here.

I hope the description above makes it clear now.
Cold it be that the installer thinks this box  got no floppy drive?
Admittedly, I first also tried to mount /dev/floppy0, and it took
me a while to find out that I should use /dev/floppy/0 (sorry,
no prior experience with this new stuff).

Herbert