Re: Install Report: Failure - Dell PowerApp Web 100 - Failed to detect scsi controller

    Erik> INSTALL REPORT Debian-installer-version: Feb 3nd Daily,
    Erik> from: http://people.debian.org/~sjogren/d-i/images/daily/

    Erik> Comments: I am booting with vmlinuz / netboot-initrd.gz from
    Erik> ~sjogren:
    Erik> http://people.debian.org/~sjogren/d-i/images/daily/

I'm trying the same thing on a variety of machines.

    Erik> Everything seems to boot up fine, but the kernel fails to
    Erik> detect the adaptec scsi controller, so the installer gets to
    Erik> the 'Partition Hard Drives' part without any warning and
    Erik> then won't go any further.  There is no error message
    Erik> suggesting that hard drives were not detected.

I see it too, with IDE.  The root filesystem just doesn't have any of
the ide modules for some reason.

    Erik> Note that the hard drive IS detected in the netboot CD-ROM
    Erik> image today (see previous install report), and that they
    Erik> used to be detected by the netboot image (see my install
    Erik> report dated 1/12/04 , this is the exact same machine).

Yes, it used to work last week for me too.

Cheers,

Kenny.

--
Desktop Services Team, EUCS.