Checking partition type using parted_server

Hello,

I am on a personal crusade (never-ending, it seems) to implement the checks for sparc, ensuring that silo will work properly in the selected partitioning scheme. Among other things, I need to check that the disk where kernel is installed has a sun disklabel. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a parted_server function which would return it (the DUMP command returns it, but sends it to the output file). One idea (which I don't really like) is to parse parted's output. I am thinking of implementing a function which would return the partition table (disklabel) type in parted_server (GET_DISK_TYPE or something), which would just return disk->type->name. Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org