Re: full netboot install with preseed

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 07:27:32AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting David A.Ulevitch (davidu@everydns.net):
>
> > After an hour I am almost all the way there but I have one small issue
> > -- I can't get past the first "[!!] Choose Language" menu option.
> >
> > I have added the following to my preseed file to no avail:
> > base-config     debian-installer/country        string  US
> > base-config     debian-installer/keymap string  us
> > base-config     debian-installer/language       string  en_US:en
> >
> > I also set "debconf/priority=critical" in the pxelinux.cfg/default file
> > which gets me through almost all menus but that one.
>

> languagechooser is run before preseed so you definitely cannot preseed
> it.

Also, make sure you read the first lines of :

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/apcs01.html

# Language, country, and keyboard selection cannot be preseeded from a file,
# because the questions are asked before the preseed file can be loaded.
# Instead, to avoid these questions, pass some more parameters to the kernel:
#
#    languagechooser/language-name=English
#    countrychooser/shortlist=US
#    console-keymaps-at/keymap=us

Friendly,

Sven Luther