Re: bug in Sarge Debian Installer

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 06:42:36PM +0100, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi all
> søn, 12 12 2004 kl. 13:53 +0100, skrev Frans Pop:
> > One option for debugging this is looking at the packages sent over the
> > network using a sniffer.
> >
> Inclosed you will find the log done with tcpdump -i eth0 port 69 or port
> 67 -l | tee filename
>
> <correct behaviour>
 <snip/>
> </correct behaviour>
>
> <uncorrect behaviour>
 <snip/>
> </uncorrect behaviour>
>
> To me they seem identical so either it must be a bug i the PXE
> implementation or in the kernel provided with debian-installer.

And as the kernel provided with debian-installer works
fine for the correct behaviour situation,
that leaves the PXE implementation as culpritt.

So you are completely right that you should use the onboard NIC.

I can recomment http://www.etherboot.org for netbooting.

See You under another Subject line
Geert Stappers