Re: bug in Sarge Debian Installer

søn, 12 12 2004 kl. 13:53 +0100, skrev Frans Pop:

> I very much doubt this is an installer problem, as the installer is not
> yet running at that time.
> It could either be a problem in your bios with regard to PXE booting or
> something in the way the files to be fetched are set up on the tftp
> server (which would kind of make it an installation media problem).

If I use the PXE boot option from the onboard device all works as
intended. To very I also have tried Ubuntu which uses the same installer
and the same thing happend: Onboard all is fine, added device the same
error
> We do know that some architectures don't seem to like some tftp servers,
> so you could try switching your tftp server.
> atftpd and tftpd-hpa seem to work for i386.

My tftp is tftpd-hpa running on a Debian-Woody. This works well in any
other situations.
> I have not seen reports of this problem before. I guess your best bet is
> try to solve it yourself and let us know if you find a solution.

Well one solution is obvious: use the onboard device:-)

> One option for debugging this is looking at the packages sent over the
> network using a sniffer.

I will make a log from tcp-dump from both schenarios. Information is to
follow.

Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael  rasmussen  cc
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
mir  datanom  net
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
mir  miras  org
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917
You two ought to be more careful--your love could drag on for years and
years.