Re: specifiying a preseed url by dhcp

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Joey Hess wrote:
> Were you able to avoid the languagechooser? I seem to run out of
> palo/kernel command line after I add preseed/url, and don't have space
> for anything else except maybe setting deconf/priority.

Yes.  In addition to the standard stuff which palo gives me by default
(sti_font, etc, etc) I add:
languagechooser/language-name=English debconf/priority=critical
  preseed/url=http://<myurl>

<myurl> is relatively long, 44 characters.  My entire command line ends up
being 231 as measured by "wc -c /proc/cmdline" after the installer boots.

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA