Tell journalists about rc2?

Hi d-i developers!

A couple of month ago, during the CeBIT here in Germany, some
journalists from the magazine "ix" [1] (a bigger it magazine, targeting
the more professional users and developers) visited our Debian booth,
and took a look at the snapshot of the debian installer we showed
(I think it was beta2?).

They were impressed, but disliked to hear, that it was still a "beta"
version.  However, they promissed, that if we get a stable Version, they
would test it, and probaly write an article about it (I understood that
"probaly" as "that's quite sure").

Now that you made the second release candidate, of which I heard, it
might become the one on the final sarge images (if sarge get's ever
stable).  So I wonder, if this is the right moment, to get in contact
with those journalists, telling them, about rc2, and about all those
nice features it has.

Since I just used it a bit, and don't follow your work more closely, I
ask for your opinion about that matter.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

Links: