anna cant't find /cdrom/dists//Release problem

Hello Debian-Installers!

I'm trying the debian installer on a (yet) unsupported platform, a Psion 5MX
Pro (a 32MB ARM PDA). Unfortunately, it cannot run the stock debian kernel,
but instead uses a patched 2.4.19 kernel. After adding support for loopback
devices, ISO9660, devfs and tmpfs to the kernel, and using the initrd for the
"bast" businesscard CD (downloaded today, rc2), d-i actually starts :-)

... but I don't get very far. The CD-ROM detection does not give me anything,
which is slightly unexpected. I thought the installer would try to mount
filesystems on block devices, and look for .iso-files. I have partitioned my
CF flash card in one (small) FAT partition (for booting) and one ~120 MB ext2
partition, and the latter has sarge-arm-businesscard.iso in its root.

Anyway, I then tried to mount /cdrom manually, by first mounting
/dev/ide/.../part2 in /tmp/b and then mounting /cdrom using a loopback block
device from /tmp/b/sarge-arm-businesscard.iso. Then the detection works, but
in the next stage, I get:

  Debootstrap Error: Failed getting Release file /cdrom/dists//Release

I guess it should be dists/sarge/Relese here. This looks like some simple
error, where is the distribution selected really? Could this have something to
do with my custom kernel?

Thanks,
// Simon