Re: announcing debian-installer release candidate 2

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 November 2004 20:57, Paul Telford wrote:
> > How do I go about this?  I can't find any mention of it on d-boot, d-hppa,
> > parisc-linux, or the website.  I assume it is some kind of boot option?
>
> Boot with 'linux26'.

That's a valid option on x86, but hppa uses a completely different boot
loader (palo) which doesn't have the concept of aliases in the same way
that the standard i386 boot does.  The loader reports that it has
vmlinux32 and vmlinux64 images available to boot.  My machine boots the
32-bit kernel which does not seem to be 2.6

Thanks,

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA