Network install of Debian Woody Alpha - cron corrupt

I've tried to install the above several times from both the US server and the UK mirror.

Each time it has failed during the installation of the base system while validating files, claiming that

  http://http.us.debian.org:80/debian/pool/main/c/cron/cron3.0pl1-72_alph
a.deb

or depending on server,

  ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org:21/debian/pool/main/c/cron/cron3.0pl1-72_alpha.
deb

is corrupt.

We have tried deleting the downloaded file under /target... in case it was just local corruption, but that hasn't fixed it and we get the same problem with both of the above servers, so it looks to me as if it might be a problem with the files on the Debian servers.

Is this conclusion correct ? If so, when will it be fixed, and is there a work
around ?

If I'm wrong to suspect the servers, where else should I look for problems ?

Thanks, J/.
--
John Beardmore