Re: release update and branching

Quoting Anton Zinoviev (anton@lml.bas.bg):
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:56:07PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> >
> > Either rc2 is ready to be used for a debian release or
> > not; I happen to think it is.
>
> Rc2 is not under question.  The question is whether there will be
> language updates in d-i before the release of sarge or not.

What Joey is saying here is that if RC2 is OK for a release, then it
will be renamed to whatever we want to call a release *without any
change* except security fixes.

BTW, we need to give a name to the d-i release which will ship with
sarge. D-I v1.0?

So, it's very unlikely that more languages are added. The question
whether new translation uploads for the already existing languages are
done again remains opened. Such translation uploads have a low impact
so they can be done, imho.

New languages like vi, mg, mk and maybe others will be added to the
post-sarge branch. I think that I have been very clear on that topic
with all new translators : they cannot hope to see their work in the
released Debian sarge CD's, at least not the first version which will
ship.