Re: Booting and installing via Network (no floppy/CDROM available) - looking for pointers

Herbert Kaminski wrote:

> Where did you get this from? As far as I know, there is no official
> Sarge CD set.

Are you certain about this? I used the jigdo files found at
<http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/cd/jigdo-area/i386/>
as a starting point and downloaded Sarge CDs 1 to 3 from the server
ftp.uni-koeln.de on 2004-11-06. It is listed as a secondary mirror
on <http://www.debian.org/mirror/list>, so it seemed "official" to
me...

> I asssume they need a _current_ mirror. As D-I changes daily, I
> think it is not a good idea to use a presumably outdated inofficial
> snapshot.

Well, which mirror would you recommend? Are the secondary mirrors
any good in this particular scenario?

> BTW to speed up the install and save download volume and mirror
> load, I use Wwwoffle as caching proxy (Squid would be eaqally
> effective).

Thanks, I'm using Squid as a proxy already. I wanted to make use of
the CDs I created, but if downloading fresh files from a mirror is a
requirement, I will go for it.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter