Re: preseed file no tasks

underdog10@netcourrier.com wrote:
> When read the installation manual about Automatic Installation, you can see in the Preconfiguration File Example those lines.
>
> " You can choose to install any combination of tasks that are available. Available tasks as of this writing include: Desktop environment, Web server, Print server, DNS server, File server, Mail server, SQL database, manual package selection. The last of those will run aptitude. You can also choose to install no tasks, and force the installation of a set of packages in some other way."
>
> I could not find a way to install no tasks.
> Can anyone tell me how i can do it.
> I don't want aptitude to be launch.

This is currently not possible to do with preseeding. Well, not cleanly.
A choice will be added to the menu for this feature after sarge is
released.

For now, if you really have to do it:

# Remove menu item to avoid tasksel run. Note that this is dependent on
# base-config internals; base-config runs in /tmp/somedir/ and the menu
# subdirectory from there contains the menu base-config is using for the
# current run.
base-config base-config/early_command string rm -f menu/pkgsel.mnu

--
see shy jo