80862652 unknown unknown I/O Controller Hub SATA cc=raid is indeed driver by ata_piix.

severity 278203 important
tags 278203 + d-i
thanks

I just helped out kuno` <l.fober@planet.nl>, who had a disk on this sata
controller, and which complained that d-i was not able to see it.

I checked the ata_piix source code for the current sarge kernels, and it
indeed provides support for this device :

         { 0x8086, 0x2652, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, ich6_sata },

and i think it would be vital for us to upload a fixed version of
discover1-data (and in particular the .udbe counterpart) as soon as possible,
in order for d-i to recognize this device properly. I suppose it will be
present at least on all intel pci-express motherboards currently selling.

Friendly,

Sven Luther