Re: [etch] Update about localechooser

> Very nice job on localechooser. (One question: Have you looked into how
> many places assume en_US is a sort of C locale, and would need to be
> changed to support a real C locale? IIRC there are several.)

Not yet, no. The first place is localechooser itself as, for instance,
the locales package is not installed when language=English.

> So I think we should split off an experimental branch and put
> developmental things in there, keep trunk for sarge until sarge is
> actually released, then make a sarge branch and trunk begins to be used
> for updates, but only ones we know are reasonably safe and are ready to
> upload to unstable and to etch.

That sounds reasonable to me, yes.

> trunk to experimental. But it seems worth it to have an installer for
> etch (and an updated one for sarge!) that is always in working order.

Sure. IIRC, the idea is releasing installer updates for stable
on a quite regular basis (6 months?) after the release of sarge. So,
keeping a sarge branch to the installer is worth it. That will need
some rules for updates to this sarge branch : what is "allowed" and
what should go into trunk only.