Cannot boot on HP ZD7000 notebook with kernel 2.6.8, hang on ip1394 and parport

Hi,

Any help will be highly appreciated!

I just bought a HP ZD7260us notebook with a P4
3.2GHz/HT CPU and without floppy drive, and tried to
installl Sarge using Debian-Installer pre-rc2 and the
latest
/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/20041020/sarge-i386-netinst.iso.

I started the installer with boot option: linux26
noapic nolapic. The installation went on fine. When it
booted into Debian, from the GRUB menu, I pressed "e"
key, and got the following detail GRUB info:

root (hd0, 2)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-1-386 root=/dev/hda3 ro
noapic nolapic
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-1-386
savedefault
boot

The first time, it hung on:
ip1394:eth1:IEEE-1394 IPv4 over 1394 Ethernet
(fw-host0)

I waited long enough and press power button to reboot,
then it stoppped at (and later booting always stopped
at):

floppy0: no floppy controllers found
modprobe: FATAL:Error inserting
floppy(/lib/modules/2.6.8-1-386/kernel/block/floppy.ko):
No such device

      floppy: can't be loaded

parport: PnPBIOS parport detected.
parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP, TRISTATE]

Sometimes, when I closed DVD bay door or touch
somewhere in keyboard, another message popup:

synaptics: using relaxed packet validation

I guess synaptics is the driver for touch pad. No
further message will show up.

Did anyone have similar problems? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Robert Fu

-------
PS, from message threads I read somewhere, the
installer seems should install i686 and SMP version of
kernel in this case.