Re: PowerPC Clone fails booting 2.6 d-i floppy

Thanks Christian,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:53:56AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Result: boot.img began with frame buffer corrupting video after a few
> > seconds. Process froze. No serial console is available to provide kernel
> > messages.
>
> Can you try booting with "linux debian-installer/framebuffer=false"??

Ooops! Maybe I just slipped in over my head. I'm rather new to floppy
installs on OldWorld PPCs. BootX has done this part for me until now.

Would this argument be passed at the Open Firmware prompt? That's the
only method I could think of, given my inexperience.

If not, can someone give a me little kernel-args-to-boot-floppy howto?

Does it exist somewhere else? I'll look.

Regards,
Duane Cottle