Boot kernel for ppc64/pseries

Hi!

I'm currently working to create a "smooth" debian install on a IBM pSeries. The first
time install has been bootstrapped by hand, so I've a running 64-bit kernel and a freshly
installed sarge on this machine right now.

As the next step I'd like to make the installation work with the d-i and contribute the
stuff, but I've some problems getting the machine to use the initrd.gz (tried to use the
one from the power4 directory). The kernel says "Error -3 while decompressing!".

Maybe a kernel option is missing? Is there documentation on "how to integrate a
new kernel in an existing installer"?

Help is welcome ;-)

Cheers,
Cajus