Re: initrd build update (last call)

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 04:25:47PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> It looks like all the issues are sorted out for the initrds, I plan to
> begin the final build shortly after archive sync tomorrow. I'm only
> waiting now for a few builds to be uploaded from the autobuilders and
> similar.

netcfg prevents auto install with debian-installer.
Please have a look at the netcfg bugreports especially the one titled

 netcfg insist on confirming hostname and domain name.

> Looking at the timeline, starting the initrd builds tomorrow will give
> us 9 days before their due date on the 21st. Barring more delays I think
> we'll manage that with 5 days to spare. We also have just 9 days to
> finish up all changes to udebs that are not in the initrds, so it's time
> to start making sure all udebs are ready for release.

My expriment with grub-installer ( for better serial line support )
failed with the wired error:

 main-menu[321]: (process:19590):
 /var/lib/dpkg/info/grub-installer.postinst: 36:
 countrychooser/country-name: bad variable name

Geert Stappers