Re: How do I get around small / partition?

Hi,

--- Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2004, at 3:09 PM, Matt Bonner wrote:
>

> > I assume at this point, I have to wipe the disk and reinstall,
> > but if anyone knows of a way to resize the partitions, that would
> > be great.
> >

> That's what I would do in your circumstances.  In any case, resizing a
> partition (even when possible because there is adjacent empty space for
> it to expand into) is a risky proposition.  Make a full backup before
> you try anything like that.

Agreed.  I installed recently enough that I think re-installing is
cheaper than backing up and restoring...

> > Most importantly, how do I keep this problem from repeating when
> > I re-install?
>
> Install in "expert" mode and use the manual partition editing option.
>

> Hope this helps!

It does.  I still think it's weird that the basic mode wouldn't let
me adjust the partition sizes.  Is there any important limit to the
size of the first partition?  This is a fairly generic Athlon PC w/
Award BIOS...

thanks,
Matt