Re: custom initrd

yes, i have an pivot_root block in "init" , i guess i have to give more information, sorry

corresponding isolinux.cfg line

DEFAULT /install/vmlinuz
APPEND vga=normal initrd=/install/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=10240 root=/dev/rd/0 init=/linuxrc devfs=mount,dall rw

here is the "init" file

#!/bin/sh -e
# Set up filesystem as root and pivot into it.
echo "Setting up filesystem, please wait ..."
mount -t proc proc proc

umount initrd || true
if mount -t tmpfs -o size=100M tmpfs mnt ; then
   :
else
   mount -t shm shm mnt
fi
umount proc
cp -a $(ls -1 / |grep -v '\(dev\|lost+found\|mnt\|proc\)') /mnt
cd mnt
mkdir proc dev
pivot_root . initrd
mount -t proc proc proc
mount -t devfs devfs dev

# Close all open files on the initrd, and run busybox init.
ln -sf ../bin/busybox sbin/init
exec /usr/sbin/chroot . /sbin/init <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1

as seen above there is init=/linuxrc boot parameter, sarge initrd image has no that file and works properly, but my initrd. when i changed only modules in initrd and vmlinuz of sarge, it continue to work with my kernel and modules, when i try to do same thing over woody, (we must use stable, and it must know new hardware), it needs to change more than modules and kernel, so i changed binary files with busybox static version of woody. and some scripts from sarge (init, rcS and related) then welcome to trouble. that's it.

regards

Ali Aslandas