Re: Can I translate to Finnish only the Howto appendix of the installation manual?

Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> I'm thinking about translating the Installation Howto appendix in the
> installation manual to Finnish. But it seems like it is built as part
> of the whole manual. Can I translate just this one file and finnish
> translation can be used in the Debian web page and perhaps printed on
> paper?

Technically speaking you'd have to copy all files and let their
content remain English.  I'm not sure the appendix would be worth a
translation if the main part would still be English.  Not sure if this
would be accepted by the installer team.

I'd rather translate the main part which would probably help users
more and leave the appendices out, I guess.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Everybody talks about it, but nobody does anything about it!  -- Mark Twain