Greek (el) UTF-8 console keymap

(cc'ing the -boot list maybe someone else knows a solution)
Hi Alastair,
  With the valuable help of Anton Zinoviev, I managed to produce a
keymap for Greek that output in UTF-8 mode. It seems to work fine,
and would like to commit it to the console-data packages and have
filed a bug report with the kmap file (it should be in the BTS by the
time you receive this mail).
  However there are a couple of issues, such as booting with this as
default keymap produces errors such as "unknown keycode lamda", etc.
and I can't seem to find how to declare it as default for the
el_GR.UTF-8. It's not in d-i and Christian suggested I contact you
about that. Which file/package holds that info?

I would appreciate any help.

Konstantinos