RE: bypassing partman

that assumes that partman lists the block device in quesion at all ;)
i have discovered how to force it though
mount block device on /target
cd to /target to make it impossible to unmount
proceed with the install as normal
it will try to start partman fail and dump you in the main menu
from here you can move on to install the base system
it will try to start partman a couple more times then proceed to install the
base system