[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [l10n] Translation and the freeze of packages


On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 08:54:15AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On 2004-09-07 Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> [...] 
> > > I know there were some changes for Dutch including some fairly
> > > important ones for exim4.

> > For exim4 updates, it all depends on the maintainer (Andreas Metzler,
> > IIRC). 
> [...]

> | exim4 (4.34-4sarge1) testing-proposed-updates; urgency=low
> | 
> |   * Upload to tpu because it looks like switching to gnutls11 will not be
> |     possible for sarge. This is 4.34-5 with these changes:
> |     - use gnutls10
> |     - post 4.34-5 translation updates and additions. (zh_TW, bg and nl).
> |   * zh_TW translation of debconf templates by Tetralet. (Closes: #267524)
> |   * bg (Bulgarian) translation of debconf templates by Ognyan Kulev
> |     (Closes: #267603)
> |   * updated translations:
> |     - eu (Basque) by Piarres Beobide Egaña. (Closes: #261912)
> |     - ca (Catalan) by Jordi Mallach. (Closes: #264842)
> |     - nl (Dutch) by Bart Cornelis. (Closes: #268168)
> | [some more changes for rc bugs]
> |  -- Andreas Metzler <ametzler@debian.org>  Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:32:28 +0200

> Hello,
> This upload has sitting in tpu for about 10 days, and I am not aware
> of any l10n bugs not fixed by it. It is currently waiting for two
> things to happen:
> a) being built on arm, mips, and alpha.
> b) after that one of the release-manager's will need to review the
> diff and approve the upload to testing.

I've reviewed the diff and it looks reasonable to me, but of course
we're still blocked by the absence of t-p-u autobuilders.  At present,
it seems entirely possible that the proposed d-i test candidate will
become available before the exim4 t-p-u upload will be built on all

If this test candidate includes an updated debootstrap which installs
libgnutls11 as part of the base system (debootstrap 0.2.42 or later), I
would suggest that exim4 could be updated directly from unstable instead
assuming there are no other changes in unstable that would be
problematic for the release.  This would also let us remove libgnutls10
from base in RC2, which is desirable in its own right.

Joey, do you think this is doable?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: