Re: netinst, wep key with spaces w/ patch

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:32:22PM +0000, Chad Miller wrote:
> I recently installed on a friend's network, which had a WEP key with a
> space in it.  The installer worked, but it wrote a
> /etc/network/interfaces file that didn't work.  After boot, the key was
> set to the substring up to and not including the space in the WEP key.

So you successfully got the wireless interface's WEP key set by entering it
into the netcfg screen that asks for it? That's been giving me grief for
ages. I have to switch to the second virtual terminal and manually set the
key with iwconfig.

What key length was it out of interest?

regards

Andrew