Looking for a small linux distro that supports many architectures

Hello,

I hope this isn't too off topic for this list.

I am looking for an extremely small distro that I can net boot on multiple architectures.

The debian-installer seems to be the closest thing I have found.

I am looking to support ia32, ia64, sparc, and HPPA. The first two would be a priority.

What I am hoping for is a distro that could boot up, do all the hardware detection and module loading, and then return control to another program ( versus loading a new OS ).

I would need to inject a few additional programs into the image to make things work.

Does this seem like something I could do with the debian installer? If so, could I get some pointers on where to start? Debian is not a distro I am terribly familiar with.

Thanks,

Michael