Re: Errata page update, can I do this?

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Here is my thought on errata page update/addition for RC1:
>
>  * IDE CDROM: If normal IDE CDROM fails to mount CD automatically, go
>    to console and umount /cdrom before running menu again.
>
>  * Firewire CDROM: If firewire CDROM fails to mount CD automatically,
>    boot with either "expert" or "expert26" and run followings before
>    detect and mounting CDROM:
>      modprobe ohci1394
>      modprobe sbp2
>      modprobe sr_mod

This is just encouraging people to work around a problem and not report
missing PCI ides. Not a good idea.

>  * SSH: SSH is broken.  (because libutil.so.1 is not installed anywhere.)

> I think all these have known solutions.
>
> What is the rule for updating this page.  (I can but I have never
> touched this page.)

I prefer to only add errata items if the bug effects enough people to
become a FAQ. I'm thinking about adding one for the broken Belgian
keyboard support, which is being reported several times a week, but none
of the items you listed seem to have acheived FAQ status.

--
see shy jo