Re: Giving a talk/demo of d-i at CLUG next month

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 11:48:02AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been dobbed in to give a talk on d-i at next month's CLUG meeting.
>
> I was planning on giving a brief blurb about the history behind the
> installer (where we've come from, where we're trying to go) and then launch
> into a couple of example installs. The main outcome desired is to get
> feedback on the new installer.
>
> I'll pass on that feedback afterwards...

So I finally gave this talk last Thursday.

Feedback was generally positive. The one thing, which more relates to
base-config and exim4 in particular, was the suggestion to make it more
obvious which choice the typical dialup user is going to want (I would think
smarthost + fetchmail).

regards

Andrew