Re: Activation of Oriya for debian-installer

 --- Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Gora Mohanty (gora_mohanty@yahoo.co.in):
[...]
> > Please activate Oriya for the translation.
>
> Gora, if you attend the indlinux mailing list, we
> can discuss the
> specifics there. Preferably the general list as this
> may interest all
> groups.
>
> The conclusion (which I forgot yesterday) is still
> that all Indic script languages need a graphical
> interface for being really usable.
[...]

Yeah, I had forgotten about that, but was reminded
by the followup posts yesterday. After getting the
.po template file as you describe, I will take a look
at the magnitude of the work involved and decide on
what priority we are going to accord it.

> We will also need to have an Oriya locale in Debian
> locales package, which is currently not the case.

I have sent you an Oriya locale file in a reply to
another message. A gzipped copy can also be obtained
from http://oriya.sarovar.org/download/or_IN.gz
The parts of it that we have used seem to work fine,
but I have not gone through it thoroughly. I will do
so at some point, and also submit it to glibc

Regards,
Gora