Re: Can't partition on Beige G3 using Woody Boot Floppies

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 09:58:37PM -0700, Trevor Harrison wrote:
> I am not a subscriber, so please bcc me the reply (please do put me in the
> to or cc field since I don't want my e-mail address widely spread around).

Will try to do the right thing. Please don't respond to me directly but to the
list though.

Notice that woody boot floppies are unsupported, and that almost everyone here
works on sarge dbeian-installer. links to it are under :

And you best chance is to :

  Use bootx with :

    vmlinux and initrd.gz from
    http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/netboot/

    or (untried though)

    http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-coff.initrd

  Use miboot floppies from :

    http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/floppy/
    (currently broken)

    or

    http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc-small/floppy/
    (2.4 kernel though)

  Use the serial console to boot directly :

    http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-coff.initrd

Or the rc1 versions of those.

Hope this helps.

Friendly,