Re: debootstrap's basic package list

> the trouble with debootstrap is that unless you have a very recent
> version of the package list (or are installing stable) it tends to
> get broken by dependency problems
>
> cdebootstrap works muc better (though unfortunately woody doesn't
> have it and there doesn't seem to be a backport either)

My running system is sarge, and so I had no trouble installing
cdebootstrap.

I assume that I can simply redo the cross-install with it and it will
overwrite packages having versions it doesn't like. Am I likely to run
into the problem of having to downgrade packages? Your description of
cdebootstrap makes it sound as though this is not likely to happen.

Thanks.

Haines