Debian-Installer: Webserver, Apache, mod_cgi, partial solution.

Hi All,

Thanks for the debian installer Rc1 for sarge.

I selected to install the as a webserver, (Apache). As
well as file server and mail server.

Apache works out of the box, (default web-page) but
mod_cgi does not work. I tried all usual things like
using, ScriptAlias, AddHandler. changing/checking
permissions on the files, ensuring mod_perl etc is
loaded. But will very little joy.
http://localhost/cgi-bin/test-cgi
Gives a text of the script not the output. When I run
the scipts locally I get the required output.

(In the meantime I leant how to use sshd, proving you
only learn things when it do not go to plan :) )

According to apt-get apache was not installed:-

windmill:/home/windmill# apt-get remove apache
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done

Package apache is not installed, so not removed

Anyway to solve the problem, I apt-get install apache.

Now, http://localhost/cgi-bin/test-cgi return the
output of the script.

Hope this helps other poeple, who serch for this
problem.

Regards,
Brendan