Re: /etc/hosts localhost with computer name?

Hi,

Isn't a problem to give a hostname mapping to localhost on your /etc/hosts file, in general that should not break any configuration. The
thing that need to avoid is to map a FQDN to loopback, that is a problem. In special if you run any type of dedicated SMTP server or
any kind of service that should be external, so you need to map FQDN directly with you external interface to avoid problems.