Re: List of possible XkbModel entries per locale

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:25:11AM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to make a complete list of every X keyboard config for each locale.
> I'm certain I miss many entries, but I would appreciate it if you sent me feedback
> to make sure that all locales have the correct config. Here is the list so far
> (borrowed and slightly changed from the Skolelinux):

<snip>
> 'pt_BR'       => { LAYOUT => 'br', XKBOPTIONS => '' },
</snip>

This is what I have in my XF86Config-4 to have my laptop's keyboard
working fine under X (GNOME 2.6, unstable) :

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"	"xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"	"pc104"
        Option		"XkbLayout"     "br"
	Option		"XkbVariant"	"abnt2"
EndSection

It's for an ABNT2 keyboard, i.e. the one a cedil key (key "ç") and with
the "Windows" keys (the Windows logo key and the Windows menu key). These
keyboards are the most common ones in Brazil.

However, there are others without the cedil key, and when faced with these
ones I tend to use the "us_intl" layout in order to get the special
characters to work (like the cedil) by using deadkeys.

--
||  André Luís Lopes                 andrelop@debian.org                ||