Re: Build the d-i manual

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 09:59:27PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> Sorry for the late reply to your mail, but I had to catch up on other
> things first after my holidays.

I'm glad there IS an answer, no matter how long it takes ;)

> > I'm trying to build PDF versions of the russian d-i manual and I don't
> > seem to get the FOP font configuration right. Has anyone got a working
> > one for a similar language (Greek?) ? Are there any tools to
> > auto-create the configuration from the fonts existing in system?
>
> What Russian manual? There is no Russian translation in SVN...

Well, not yet. However, we have an old version of it in our CVS, which
however needs updating. And while I was at it (managing synchronisation),
I tried to build the manual. Which failed :(

> Here is how I did it. All necessary files are attached.

Thank you, I'll try this as soon as I can. Hopefully, tomorrow.

> (I obtained the Arial fonts from msttcorefonts package. It could be Arial
> contains enough Cyrillic characters for your purpose. In that case the
> procedure would be slightly simpler.)

I definitely does, so there should be no problem. And thank you once more,
I'm sure it'll work somehow, if it worked for Japanese.

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org