Re: how to use autopartkit in d-i?

Paul Telford wrote:
> I'm would like to build a version of d-i which automatically partitions my
> disk without prompting.  It is my understanding that autopartkit can do
> this.  Problem is, I can't figure out how I make autopartkit become the
> default partitioning module instead of partman in my d-i boot image.  Can
> anyone shed some light?  I've searched all over for documentation, and
> come up empty... if it's blazingly obvious please just tell me so and
> point me to the docs.

I can't think of a good way to do this automatically using the standard
d-i images. If you take a look at what debian-edu does with
debian-edu-install-udeb, you'll see one elegant way to do it that
requires building your own d-i images. That udeb depends on autopartkit,
and has a Installer-Menu-Item before partman's, which makes d-i reorder
the menu and forces autopartkit to run. An alternative would be to just
leave partman off your custom d-i media.

--
see shy jo