Re: rc2..

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 03:44:25PM -0300, Joey Hess wrote:
> I hate to think about it so soon, but the release managers' timeline has
> a slot for us to release rc2 at the end of this month. Since it can take
> up to two weeks to prepare and build a release, we need to start
> thinking about this soon. We've had enough feedback on rc1 to know at
> least some of the major problems with it.
>
> Here are some of the issues I'm tracking for rc2. Strange how many of
> these are not really d-i problems. Anyway, if you have more, add them to
> the top of the TODO.

I have a few other items for your TODO list :

  - move base-install currently in sid to sarge to pull in the nicer mkvmlinuz
    fix enabling for proper support of powerpc non-yaboot chrp/prep 2.6 kernels.

  - move nobootloader currently in sid to sarge. This has specialized pegasos
    information, but also mentions the partition the kernel is on in the
    dialog, this is particularly usefull in case that /boot is a separate
    partition.

  - upgrade to the upcoming 2.6.8 kernels if they are released in time, and in
    any case move the 2.6.7-5 powerpc kernel .udebs to sarge, instead of the
    2.6.7-3 which suffer from the G4 errata bug.

  - update the discover1 .udebs, but i guess this isn't worth mentioning.

Friendly,

Sven Luther