Re: [d-i 20040801 floppy] network conf with dhcp does not set default route

paul wrote:
> installing on my ibm560x laptop with ethernet pc-card the dhcp network
> configuration fails at setting default route.
>
> Installation media are floppies boot.img, root.img, net-drivers.img
> from:
> http://ftp.debian.de/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/20040801/images/floppy/
>
> Local network is behind dsl-router (Netgear WGR614 ).
>
> (1) When using the WGR614 (172.16.1.1) as dhcp server:
> Choosing 'configure the network' and then 'autoconfigure network with dhcp'
> it says that 'network autoconfiguration was successful. However, no default
> route was set'. From the shell I can see that the /etc/resolv.conf is not
> existing as well as a 'route add default gw 172.16.1.1' is missing.

>   option interface-mtu 0;

Your dhcp server is passing an invalid MTU, which crashes
/etc/dhclient-script before it can set the default route or write
/etc/resolv.conf. We have a fix for this in subversion but it's not
yet on any released images. You can work around this problem by
commenting out lines 71-73 of /etc/dhclient-script

--
see shy jo