Re: tasksel: no packages are scheduled to be installed, removed, or upgraded.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 09:53:45PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> was heard to say:
> I just did a test installation of rc1.  In tasksel, I chose to install
> packages manually, got dropped into aptitude which then complained:
>
>    no packages are scheduled to be installed, removed, or upgraded.

  This is a pop-up error message, right?

> Before starting tasksel, the Packages file was downloaded sucessfully,
> so I've no idea what's going on there.

  Presumably aptitude thinks you didn't select any packages to install.
This may be due to the bug that prevents installation by priority (so
standard doesn't get installed).

  Daniel

|       "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over       |
|        public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."                      |
|         -- Richard Feynmann                                                 |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/