Re: [Manual] installer-manual on the website (was: release plans for website?)

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 08:53:49PM +0200, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 04:11:50PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > This is how the installation manual was handled for boot-floppies (i.e.
> > potato and woody): The sources where checked out from the
> > boot-floppies CVS and were build locally.
> Whatever final web page should look like, I really looking for the web
> page with URL reactivated:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/installmanual
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes
>
> This can be even a short sentence stating "it is not available on web but
> only as package."  We seem to have simply removed them after woody release.

This is what were beginning right now and which was the cause for me to
investigate the current install manual.

I can do that easily, just a few things to decide:
installmanual: What pointers? (Alioth pages?, package?, ...)
releasenotes: Only a sentence "not available" or a pointer to
 the CVS?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>