Re: Introduction

[Please keep this on the mailing list. It may be useful for other new
contributors.]

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 02:46:22AM +1000, James Mills wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 05:39:55PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 03:58:05PM +1000, James Mills wrote:
> > > I do intend to get involved with the Development of Debian, I guess this
> > > is one of the first steps... What's the process of contributing to the
> > > Debian Installer project ? Are there SubVersion credentials to obtain ?
> >
> > Yes, but it's probably best to start sending patches first, and ask for
> > direct access once a few of those have been accepted.
>
> Sure. And these patches are sent to the mailing list ?

Bug reports, normally; as additions to an existing bug report if there
is one.

> Also, when checking what bugs there are... Do you just use the BTS
> packages that are available on Debian ? ie: querybts ?

Yes, or <http://bugs.qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/debian-installer.cgi>. You're
expected to be already familiar with normal use of the BTS. If not, see
http://bugs.debian.org/ for all the documentation.

Cheers,