Re: please help us test the next debian-installer release

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 03:33:46PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> I'm writing you because you're listed in our records as someone who can
> help test the Debian sarge installer on m68k (MVME162).
>
> We're close to the finalising the next release of the installer, and I hope
> you can help us by testing some prerelease images. The images to try are
> the daily builds linked to from <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>

I'm working on it. It pretty much works, but serial console (which is
crucial to VME, as it has nothing else) and userdevfs don't like
eachother quite yet. Trying to fix that; with a bit of luck, I'll be
able to do a tested commit to rootskel and userdevfs tonight which will
make it work. Next, vmelilo-installer is clearly written by someone who
didn't have the hardware -- it doesn't even remotely work. That needs
some massaging, too; this'll be my next target.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks