Re: Partman/partconf and S/390; is this a "wishlist" bug for partman?

Adam Thornton wrote:
> As near as I can tell, S/390 still uses partconf, and it and m68k are
> the only architectures to do so.

mips (dvh/SGI) is the third one.

> Something I think we should think about--although not for the d-i or
> sarge releases, probably--is to get S/390 moved over to partman (if I
> understand correctly that partman's functionality is a superset of
> partconf's).

Partman relies on libparted, which can only handle 512 byte blocks
(this is hardcoded). You would have to add enough support for those
funny s390 modes to it before a switch to partman can be made.

Thiemo