Debian Installer string freeze and translation status report

Some news from the Debian Installer string freeze as of 07/23 03:00UTC

69 hours left until freeze end

Again string changes happened yesterday, but this time they were
ack'ed changes : one template added in network-console (I asked Batian
to make it translatable immediately because this was a string
*addition*) and on rewritten by Joey Hess in partman-lvm because the
English was completely wrong and misleading.

Depite this, we now have:

9 complete languages
 tr, pt_BR, pt, nn, lt, ja, fr, da, ca
22 nearly complete (over 95%)
 zh_CN, uk, sq, sk, ro, pl, ko, he, fi, eu, el, de, cs, bg, id
 ru, nl, nb, hu, es, hr, bs
7 partial (over 80%)
 it, cy, ar, zh_TW, sl, sv, gl
1 very partial (over 50%)
 fa
2 stucked (We have translators but no progress)
 vi, sr
3 abandoned (no translator registered)
 ga, se, lv

I want to highlight the great effort of the Croatian translator who
bringed hr from 0% to 95% in less than 2 weeks. This plus a lot of
translations in 2nd stage.

Today (which happens to me my last work days before 3 weeks away), I
will:

- commit back Arabic translations from Arabeyes CVS, which should
  bring ar to 99%
- report the bug about missing characters in unifont.bdf which make
  the Farsi translation unusable
- test the very recent changes in languagechooser which should make
  RTL languages (ar, he, fa) right-to-left in 2nd stage

About 2nd and 3rd stages:

-base-config and tasksel are very well translated now
-don't forget the iso 3166 list. It is absolutely not
 moving, so easy to fix
-shadow is also quite good. I made a NMU again which was accepted 2
 days ago. No more NMU until late August except on RC bug fix
-aptitude is very moving target currently. I suggest we leave it
 stabilize for a few weeks
-others such as popularity-contest, dictionaries-common, dpkg, apt and
 so on are not moving that much

PLEASE TEST d-i in your language, especially non Latin languages. I
made less test with recent images, so the status for Japanese, Russian
and others is currently a bit unknown.