Re: Partman

Margarita Manterola wrote:

-= This is a code fix.  No string change needed =-

It's kind of dumb to show the "Bootable flag" for certain partition
types (like swap), I think it would be better to not show it when it
makes no difference, so as not to confuse the user unnecesarily.

To the best of my knowledge, the bootable flag has no significance unless you have a DOS-family MBR.

Why ask at all if there is no choice to be made?

If you're installing GRUB or LILO to the boot sector, there is no choice
If you do _not_ have GRUB or LILO on the boot sector,
   and there is only one possible bootable partition there is no choice
and there are two or three bootable partitions, one containing grub is a safe default.

Getting the right answer without asking the user (who might not know anyway) might require reading some boot sectors and inspecting their contents.

This, of course, points to it being a question to be answered at the time of installing (or not) a boot loader, and not when partitioning.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait