Re: powerpc status and missing 2.6.7 .udebs and .debs in sarge.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 01:13:47PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:11:56AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > And businesscard failed because of some stupid kernel-image postinst
> > warning about overwriting the modules. I guess it may well be a bug of
> > RC status that kernel-package doesn't provide debconfified
> > pre/postinst/rm scripts.
>
> Wearing my release assistant hat: no, this is not release-critical. See

Well, it will be fixed by tomorrow i think, since mkvmlinuz 5 was only in
sarge, and kernel-image conflict with mkvmlinuz < 7, it did desinstall it
again, and thus base-installer failed when trying to execute non-installed
mkvmlinuz :/

Still having a non-debconfified kernel-image postinst is a pain.

> http://release.debian.org/sarge_rc_policy.txt.

The requested URL /sarge_rc_policy.txt. was not found on this server.

Mmm.

Friendly,

Sven Luther