Re: m68k install daily build broken ?

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 06:31:11PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 05:33:57PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i tried to install on a Qudra 840av and basically it doesnt work how i
> > try it. There is a complete lack of documentation on how to unstuff the
> > .sit files - The documentations merely mentions the existance of
> > penguin.

I haven't even gotten to look at the documentation yet, so as far as I
know, there has been no updates to the m68k documentation for d-i.
Sorry.

> > Though in the install/mac folder there are 2 penguin versions (18 and
> > 19) and at least 4 initrds. Additionally there are "root" and "root22"
> > in the parent directory but no documentation on when to use what.

I gather that you're using one of the cdrom images? It would be nice to
no exactly what image you're using.

> Now i have ran penguin with linux-mac-2.2.5 with the
> initrd-linuxmedia.gz.

Where did you get initrd-linuxmedia.gz from?

If you're using a cdrom and a mac, then root22 should be the right image
(22 for 2.2 kernel).

> Bugs are in chronologic order
>
>  - EXT3-fs error - Wrong free blocks / bitmap .. after mount of ramdisk
>  - umount /initrd/dev no such file or directory
>  - umount /initrd invalid argument
>  - languagechooser shows chars not displayable (utf8)
>  - hang in archdetect - Last line in logfile on tty4
>
>  	DEBUG: configure archdetect, status: 2

Okay, that's potentially worrisome. Can you tell me exactly what image
you're using so I can try to reproduce it?

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>